Thanks go out to Sandra Nikolia, author of the Megan Scott and Michael Elliott mystery series, for mentioning The Overnight Bestseller as a nominee for the Liebster Blog Award.
Liebster is a German word meaning dearest, beloved, or favorite. The origin remains unknown, but the Liebster Blog Award is a chain award passed on to promote the blogs you enjoy. It is given as a form of appreciation and support to bloggers. As Sandra mentions, peer recognition is important in our line of work, and I acknowledge this award in that spirit. She most kindly wrote that my "inspiring posts provide keen insights into his writing world and other remarkable adventures," and I thank her very much for following The Overnight Bestseller and for finding it worthy of note!
To accept the award, I must now:
1. Thank the person who nominated me on my blog and link back to them;
2. Nominate up to five other bloggers for the award and link back to their blogs; and
3. Let them know by commenting on their blog.
In this spirit, the five people I’m nominating for a Liebster Blog Award are:
1. Hey Rube Circus, written by the incomparable Ballyhoo Betty, a fire eater and side show devotee who writes a fascinating blog on all things related to circuses and side shows;
2. Girard Portfolio, the blog written by Linda Girard, a local artist in my community who deserves a large audience for her remarkable work;
3. The Write Obsession, written by Lan Chan, a young aspiring author who wears her heart on her sleeve and represents the best of the human spirit;
4. Forensics 4 Fiction, a terrific source for technical information for crime writers maintained by Tom Adair, a retired criminologist; and,
5. Celtic Lady's Reviews, written by Kathleen Kelly, a lovely person in Wisconsin who not only represents everything I cherish in book bloggers but also cares deeply about her family.
There are other bloggers I would love to have mentioned, including Martha Bourke, whose blog is called The Leaky Quill, and several others. Please visit these blogs and show them your appreciation for their fine work!