Today I managed to fill in some holes in my collection with some decent picks. Pictured on the left is my find of the day, the first album by The Average White Band, Show Your Hand, issued in 1973 on MCA. I've had the 1975 reissue, Put It Where You Want It, for a long time but had never actually seen the original version before, so I was pleased to find it. Not that it's rare, you understand. Just that I'd never seen it before. (I don't get out a whole lot.)
Other interesting purchases today included:
- Osibisa, Heads (MCA, 1972);
- Checkfield, Distant Thunder (American Gramaphone, 1987);
- Monty Alexander - Ray Brown - Herb Ellis, Triple Treat (Concord, 1982);
- Savoy Brown, Hellbound Train (Parrot, 1972);
- Brian Auger's Oblivion Express, Straight Ahead (RCA, 1974); and
- The Mahavishnu Orchestra with John McLaughlin, The Inner Mounting Flame (Columbia, 1971).