Sunday 19 February 2012

A Walk In The Woods

Today, after a week in which I found little time to work due to family-related responsibilities, I was able to resume revisions of Marcie's Murder, the second Donaghue and Stainer Crime Novel, which will be published in April.

Marcie's Murder has already undergone a couple of revisions and has been read by four of my regular readers. I'm now putting it through another revision to incorporate their feedback and tighten it up. After all, it's been about six months since I last read it. I'm doing some light rewriting and copy editing this time through. The plan will be to finish this revision, do another copy editing to tighten it up as much as possible, then do a final proofreading to catch any stray typographical errors that made it through that far.

I'm a little behind schedule, I think, but not too much. If I pick up the pace a little I should be able to take it upstairs to my son's Mac in the week of March 12 and create the book block for uploading to Lightning Source. In the same week I'll upload it to Smashwords and publish the e-book edition, which I'd like to have available for reviewers before the paperback hits the stands, figuratively speaking....

After such a productive day's work my reward was to go for a walk in the woods behind the house with my border collie. It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon and I was able to shut down the computer at 3:00 p.m. and grab my camera. I thought I'd share with you a few of the moments I enjoyed in my little slice of the Limerick Forest:

Cody does what he loves best: run in the woods
Shot through the lens of my sunglasses
Did I mention how much I love this dog?
Late afternoon sun picking out the trees

Time to head back to the house
Tomorrow I'll announce which cover design I've chosen for Marcie's Murder. I probably have some 'splainin' to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment